An fun and interactive learning tool! You could even call it a game.
Who’s it for?
Two versions: one for people in mental health recovery, and one for recreation providers and practitioners
- Because recreation is vital for a healthy, vibrant life.
- Research shows that recreation involvement can be a very important part of recovery from mental illness.
- People in mental health recovery often have barriers to recreation that keep them from participating.
- There are many strategies people in recovery can use, and many supports recreation providers and practitioners can offer to help make recreation accessible.
What will participants get out of using the learning tool?
|People in Mental Health Recovery|
|Recreation Providers and Practitioners|
Who developed this tool?
The Recreation for Mental Health Project Team formed in 2012. They created this tool to share knowledge generated by the research project about creating welcoming and inclusive enviroments for people with mental challenges. Its development has included trials in both recreation practitioner trainings and in clinical recreation and occupational therapy settings. This tool has been further developed and administered through Recreation Nova Scotia.
How do I order?
How much does it cost?
Game Content List:
- 1 game mat
- Card decks: Activities, Barriers and Strategies/Supports
- Detailed instructions and discussion guide