We're hiring a Regional Physical Activity Consultant (RPAC) for the Cape Breton Region
- This is an employment partnership between the NS Department of Communities, Culture, Tourism and Heritage (Communities, Sport and Recreation Division) & Recreation Nova Scotia
- The Regional Physical Activity Consultant will be responsible for providing support and leadership to address inactivity by contributing to improvements in population levels of physical activity and a culture of movement within the Annapolis Valley Region of Nova Scotia. This position will support regional opportunities and contribute to the priorities of the Let’s Get Moving strategy for Nova Scotia.
- Application Deadline: Friday May 20, 2022. Learn more and apply now.
The Municipality of the District of Lunenburg is hiring a Director of Recreation, Parks & Tourism (Full-time, Permanent)
- The Director of Recreation, Parks & Tourism is responsible for providing direction and operational management of the parks and recreation system as well as the promotion of tourism, events and visitor information services. This work includes planning and organizing workflow, initiating and implementing operating procedures and policies, personnel and budget management & project planning.
- Deadline to apply: May 27, 2022. Learn more.
The Halifax Regional Centre for Education (HRCE) is hiring a Recreation Programmer for the EXCEL Before and After School Programs in Dartmouth, NS
- The Recreation Programmer is responsible to oversee the programming, development and delivery of the Halifax Regional Centre for Education's EXCEL Programs. These programs include Before and After School Programs and provide recreational programming across multiple sites.
- Application Deadline: 4:00pm on May 16th, 2022. Learn more and apply now.
Canadian Parks and Recreation Association is hiring a Chief Executive Officer
- Reporting to the Board of Directors and working closely with the senior leadership team, the CEO will advance CPRA’s mission, vision, and effectiveness by overseeing core business operations of the organization. As a key spokesperson for parks and recreation in Canada, the CEO will present a unified voice for the sector, identifying new opportunities for collaboration and partnerships at the federal level. Leading a team of seven, the CEO will identify operational efficiencies and drive the Association towards excellence through effective organizational leadership, financial management, partnership development, and advocacy.
- Application Deadline: Friday May 26, 2022. Learn more and apply now.
Hike Nova Scotia is hiring a Project Officer
Hike Nova Scotia, through a partnership with the Canadian Parks and Recreation Association’s Youth Employment Experience program, is hiring a Project Officer for 15 weeks to assist with implementing various Hike NS initiatives. As such, this opportunity is only available to youth (up to age 30) who face various barriers to employment.
Applicants must have skills in communications and project implementation, and must be:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive);
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or protected persons as defined by the Refugee Protection Act;
- Individuals legally entitled to work in Canada;
- Individuals legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial jurisdiction’s legislation and regulations;
- Individuals who self-identify as: youth living in rural or remote locations, Indigenous youth, LGBTQ2+ youth, visible minorities (youth), youth with disabilities, youth who are new Canadians, language minorities, etc.
Deadline to apply: June 26, 2022. Learn more.