Get the Inside on the Outside
The Nova Scotia Outdoor Network, a project of Recreation Nova Scotia, is a coalition of the NS outdoor sector which will strengthen and support the outdoor community in our province through communication, sharing, collaboration and celebration. Its vision is an outdoor community meaningfully connected to one another, to resources and to learning and stewardship opp
ortunities. Ultimately, the Outdoor Network aims to encourage Nova Scotians to get outside more often and participate in low-impact, nature-based activities.
“Facilitating more communication, sharing, collaboration
and celebration in the outdoor community.”
In its first year of operation, the Outdoor Network will:
- Create the foundations necessary to support the Outdoor Network
- Encourage collaboration through working groups that focus on:
- Capacity Building
- Skill Building, Leadership and Education
- Professional Networking and Development
- Research and Evaluation
- Create an online portal for sharing information on events, skill building opportunities and outdoor spaces as well as facilitate networking and community-building
The network was launched on June 14, 2016 (read more about it here), with our strategic plan unveiled (click on the document to the right) and working group discussions held. See the notes from those discussions here.
For more information about the Outdoor Network, contact:
Recreation Nova Scotia recognizes the support of the Province of Nova Scotia for the Outdoor Network. We are pleased to work in partnership with the Department of Communities, Culture and Heritage to develop and promote our cultural resources for all Nova Scotians.