IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR INSURANCE PLEASE CLICK HERE.
(RNS Membership is completed at the same time as insurance through the above link)
For more information:
We invite you to become a member of Recreation Nova Scotia – Nova Scotia’s leading recreation association. Recreation Nova Scotia plays an important role serving its membership as the Voice of Recreation and Leisure in matters of concern to all of us.
Membership in Recreation Nova Scotia will appeal to recreation practitioners, elected officials, community groups, students and volunteers, government departments and corporations who are committed to building healthier futures through the promotion of the benefits and values of recreation.
Benefits of Membership
- Opportunity to expand your contacts with recreation practitioners, commissions, and community groups: increase your profile and exchange views and new ideas.
- Consultation and support when developing ideas, programs, and projects.
- Access to government at all levels: having your views and concerns brought forward as Recreation Nova Scotia speaks to government on your behalf.
- Opportunities to serve on various committees and task forces whose mandates are to address concerns related to recreation and leisure, and healthier communities.
- Various member discounts on products and services from local and provincial businesses.
- Complete access to the RNS website.
- Professional development opportunities through workshops and the annual conference.
- Substantial reduction of registration fees at our annual conference and RNS publications.
- Access to the general liability insurance.
- Your RNS membership gives you the option of becoming a member with CP/RA for which will receive discounts on program and services.
- Voting privileges at the Recreation Nova Scotia AGM (as per your membership category).
RNS membership year runs from April 1-March 31 yearly. If you join anytime between those dates, your membership will expire March 31.
Recreation Nova Scotia has over 9 committees currently working on your behalf on such issues as: Recreation Matters Campaign, HIGH FIVE, membership services, inclusion, conference, education and training. If you would like more information on these and other committees, or are interested in working on one, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
A Diverse and Active Membership
Over 900 community groups, municipal recreation departments, government officials, volunteers, students, recreation practitioners, and corporations from throughout the province and beyond comprise Recreation Nova Scotia. We welcome your input and participation as we work to provide opportunities where our members can meet, exchange views or new ideas, and participate in training and networking activities. We are always interested in the opinions of our members and how we can better serve you better.