Recreation for Mental Health: Connecting Ideas to Action
3rd Recreation for Mental Health Symposium
May 12-13, 2016
The Gaelic College, Cape Breton, NS
51799 Cabot Trail, Quarry Saint Anns, NS B0C 1H0
Register now for the 3rd Recreation for Mental Health Symposium: Connecting Ideas to Action!
On May 12-13 at the Gaelic College in Cape Breton recreation and mental health stakeholders, practitioners, and self-advocates from across Nova Scotia will come together to share research, promising practices, first voice experiences, and tools. Join us to experience the benefits of recreation for mental health and learn how we can work together to make our communities more mental health friendly!
$60 symposium fee includes all sessions, meals, and Recreation for Mental Health toolkit.
(accommodations not included – must be booked separately)
REGISTRATION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MAY 5th!!!
*Information will be collected at the symposium for research purposes – ethics information will be provided and informed consent will be requested at a later date.
Contact Brittany at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
Symposium Funding & Travel Assistance
- Mental health consumers/first voice representatives/self-advocates will be sponsored to attend and participate in the conference. This includes symposium fees, accommodations at the Gaelic College, and travel support. Individuals who would like to be sponsored can contact Brittany at email@example.com to make arrangements.
- A limited number of travel assistance subsidies are available. Funding will be prioritized for individuals who carpool. Please contact Brittany at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for funding.
- Additional funding support may be available on a case-by-case basis. If you require financial support to attend the symposium please contact Brittany at email@example.com
Symposium Accommodation Information
- Symposium delegates must book overnight accommodations separately.
- First voice representatives/mental health consumers can contact Brittany Naugler at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange accommodations at the Gaelic College (fees will be sponsored).
- A limited number of shared rooms (2-3 people, separate beds, shared bathroom) are available at the Gaelic College for a low cost of $35 per person, per night. Contact Gail Montgomery at (902) 295-3411 (ext. 236) or email@example.com to book a room. If you know another attendee(s) who you would like to share a room with we encourage you to book together.
- If you do not wish to stay in a shared room, or would like to stay off-site for other reasons, there are many options available in nearby communities. Please see the list below for information.
- Broadwater Inn
- 975 Bay Road, Baddeck, NS
- Price range: $75-$200
- Toll-free:877-818-3474 Tel: 902-295-1101
- Bell View Bed and Breakfast
- 713 Bay Road, Baddeck, NS
- Prince range: $120-$149
- Toll-free:877-234-1333 Tel: 902-295-2334
- Bighill Retreat
- 549 Rear Big Hill Road, Baddeck, NS
- Price range: $85-$130/day; $465-$745/week
- Toll-free:1-888-356-0303 Tel: 902-295-2726
- Dunlop Inn
- 552 Chebucto Street, Baddeck, NS
- Price range: $120-$160
- Toll-free:888-290-1988 Tel: 902-295-3355
- Green Highlander Lodge
- 525 Chebucto Street, Baddeck, NS
- Price range: $90-$120
- Inverary Resort & Spa
- 368 Shore Road, Baddeck, NS
- Price range:
- Traditional room: $109-$159
- Cottage: $159-$275
- Deluxe suite: $139-$390
- Toll-free:800-565-5660 Tel: 902-295-3500
- Lynwood Inn
- 441 Shore Road, Baddeck, NS
- Price range: $100-$250
- Toll-free:1-877-666-1995 Tel: 902-295-1995
- McIntyre’s Housekeeping Cottage and Cameron House
- 8908 Highway 105, Baddeck Inlet, NS
- Price range: $92-$300
- Toll-free:866 -566 -1133 Tel: 902- 295-1133
- Telegraph House
- 479 Chebucto Street, Baddeck, NS
- Price range: $80-$109
- Toll-free:888-263-9840 Tel: 902-295-1100