We've compiled resources below that we hope will help you navigate through the latest COVID news.
Please refer to http://novascotia.ca/coronavirus for the latest updates on Covid-19.
On February 9th, Premier Tim Houston and Dr. Robert Strang announced that Provincewide COVID-19 restrictions will be eased over three phases, starting Monday, February 14.
In Phase 1, events will be allowed again, gathering limits will increase and all border restrictions for domestic travellers will be lifted. In Phase 2, gathering limits will be further increased. In Phase 3, there will be no more gathering limits or physical distance requirements. Details of the restrictions in each phase are at: https://novascotia.ca/reopening-plan/
Changes to Proof of Vaccine Guide:
- A small update that has been made to The Proof of Vaccine (POV) guide for businesses and organizations - pdf proof-full-vaccination-guide-businesses-en.pdf (novascotia.ca) (1.37 MB)
- Within the guide, please see page 3 - The grace period for 11 year old’s who turned 12 after October 4th has changed from 3 months to 5 months. This change is to address a small group of children who would have been caught in the time before the interval for receiving their vaccine was changed from 28 days to 56 days. We have heard that this is impacting youth participating in activities and have made the change to the policy.
Mandatory Vaccination Policy FAQ & Resources:
- COVID-19 Protocol for Proof of Full Vaccination for Events and Activities, Oct 4, 2021
- FAQ proof of vacination policy September 14, 2021
- Proof of Vaccination Policy
Updated restrictions as of April 28, 2021
Nova Scotia Resources
CPRA Covid-19 resources:
- COVID-19 Activity Update
- Recreation and Sport Recovery Program
- Summary of Federal Government Wage Subsidy Program
- CPRA Briefing Note on COVID-19 Federal Aid Package
- CPRA shared folder of COVID-19 resources
The government has launched a new website to help businesses and organizations understand how to work within the public health guidelines, available at https://novascotia.ca/reopening-nova-scotia.
Example of a phased in plan: Barrington Recreation Summer Programming
The Small Business Reopening and Support Grant provides funding to help some small businesses, non-profits, charities and social enterprises that were ordered to close or greatly reduce operations because of the Public Health Order, or were greatly impacted by social distancing and orders to stay home. https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/small-business-reopening-support-grant/
The Re-Opening Playbook. Standards to Ensure a Safe Recovery - This playbook is a living document, updated frequently as standards evolve. Access Playbook. (Please note: this is from the States, but will likely still have best practice ideas that are applicable here).