We hope you’re all keeping safe and healthy during the State of Emergency and Covid-19 concerns. We've compiled resources below that we hope will help you navigate through this unique time.
Please refer to http://novascotia.ca/coronavirus for the latest updates on Covid-19.
**Asymptomatic testing is now available across the province! Find more details here on how and where to get tested as well as an FAQ's sheet!**
Covid-19 Reopening Guidelines
All organizations are required to have a reopening plan that outlines how your operations will adhere to public health guidance. Attached you’ll find some information to support and guide this work:
Nova Scotia Resources
CPRA Covid-19 resources:
- COVID-19 Activity Update
- Recreation and Sport Recovery Program
- Summary of Federal Government Wage Subsidy Program
- CPRA Briefing Note on COVID-19 Federal Aid Package
- CPRA shared folder of COVID-19 resources
The government has launched a new website to help businesses and organizations understand how to work within the public health guidelines, available at https://novascotia.ca/reopening-nova-scotia.
Example of a phased in plan: Barrington Recreation Summer Programming
The Small Business Reopening and Support Grant provides funding to help some small businesses, non-profits, charities and social enterprises that were ordered to close or greatly reduce operations because of the Public Health Order, or were greatly impacted by social distancing and orders to stay home. https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/small-business-reopening-support-grant/
Other Jurisdiction Resources
Newfoundland Recreation - Newfoundland Alert Level System for Recreation activities:
- The COVID-19 Alert Level System provides Newfoundlanders and Labradorians with an overview of the steps that will be taken as they relax public health measures.
- Operating arts, culture and recreation facilities in the Vancouver Coastal Health region during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Guideline for Swimming Pools
The Re-Opening Playbook. Standards to Ensure a Safe Recovery - This playbook is a living document, updated frequently as standards evolve. Access Playbook. (Please note: this is from the States, but will likely still have best practice ideas that are applicable here).